Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Something New - Spats!

















I learned something new this week. :) I learned what "spats" are. A lady asked me to design some custom spats for her and I had no idea what that was, so I did a little research, confirmed what she wanted and then got busy with my crochet hook and came up with these knit-look crocheted spats.
I used to think it was only a disagreement! As you can see, they are a shoe accessory that are worn over the ankle and instep - worn most commonly during the late 19th & early 20th century (Victorian Era). They work best with heels; I modeled these using my wedding shoes. :)
(Note to self: I need some new black heels!)
The cuff may be made to any length. A great substitute for dress boots, these will keep your legs fabulously warm this fall/winter.

1 comment:

  1. I never heard of spats either, so I learned something new too. Lovely yarn. It really does look like it's knitted.

    ReplyDelete